The long straight board immediately below the edge of the roof.  It is attached directly to the ends of the roof trusses or rafters and is the anchor point for gutters, if any. The fascia is the vertical “face” of an eave, while the soffit is the underside of the eave. Many people also call the trim board at the roof line on a gable a fascia board also, but that trim board is actually called a “bargeboard”.

« Back to Glossary Index