The term Victorian means any style of home built during the reign of Queen Victoria (1837 to 1901). So it can sometimes be confusing because the name can be associated with many style, e.g., Victorian Queen Anne, Victorian Gothic and Victorian Italianate. So it can be correct to call a home a Victorian and also call it a Queen Anne or an Italianate, etc.

« Back to Glossary Index